Monday, September 11, 2006

It's Not the Heat...

It's not the heat, it's the humidity. In a word: bullshit! It's both...and it's just as bad when it's humid and cold!



The last few days have been in the mid to upper 80's (F) and the humidity has also been in the mid 80's %-wise. Not very pleasant. There have been signs that autumn may be about to show itself though. I love autumn. Comfortable days and cool nights. How great is that?!

Nothing really new since the last post. I have a pretty cool audition tomorrow. It's a fairly well paid audition (which means I'm on the short-list) for voice-over work on a major national TV commercial. I don't want to get my hopes up, but this one could be fun if I get it (...and will likely involve a series of commercials over the next year).

Today I immersed myself in my obsession with news. The anniversary of 9-11-2001 was, of course, pretty high on the reading list. As promised, I'll keep most of my serious comments on the other blog which can be read here. There is one exception though...

Please do NOT consider that ABC's "docudrama" tonight and tomorrow night represents anything close to approaching the facts of 9-11! Look into the director's background, check out the producers, and above all, ask yourself how a $30 million production will be shown on a major network with no commercial backing (five hours of prime-time TV, commercial-free...what does that add to the production costs?). A public service?! Give me a break!! I haven't seen it, but man, there warning signs all over this one. My most fervent hope is that this causes everyone to dig a little deeper into what really happened vs. what has been reported.

Okay, I'm done. The funny thing is that even though I wrote about 9-11 in my last post on the other blog, I never mentioned ABC's farce. Go figure!

Need to get some sleep. I've practiced as much as I can for tomorrow, now I just have to be rested. The weird thing about these things is that often you think you know what they want, then are told when you show up that they are looking for a huge change from what they have been doing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home