Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Excuses, excuses...


I've recently been accused of not staying on top of correspondence. Partially correct...and if you are a steady reader of this blog, then skip to the third paragraph (consisting of two words). Otherwise, choose from the following whatever feels the closest to the truth or puts you most at ease.

- You sent me mail?
- It was your turn.
- I must have accidentally erased it.
- You didn't get it?
- It's been damned hot in here.
- I haven't checked the computer in a while.
- I've been answering them in order...but I have SOO many friends...
- I was sick.
- I thought I answered it.
- Your last must have been routed to my junk mail folder.

My bad!

Not really a lot to write about. Taka was off for Obon last week. We didn't do much...a little shopping, out to lunch/dinner, that kind of thing. Found a new favorite Thai place. Did a more thorough check of Omotesando Hills (a mall way out of our price range) where we did find a very cool wine shop. There was also a really cool sake place, but both in one day would have been a bit much. I worked a few days. No Obon for narrators (thank god), although the the week after seems lacking...

Man, is it hot!!!! My body is just not built for hot weather. Taka jokes that I wear a permanent wool vest, which explains my feeling this time of year. ...maybe a full-body wax, followed by electrolysis...

I was going to end this after that last...but felt it somehow left an image that would leave you all a little nauseous.

The first sign of Autumn has come. Both Kirin and Sapporro have their autumn taste beers on the shelves. Last year, Kirin's Aki Aji (Autumn Taste) beer was horrible...I'm sad to say that this year's is fantastic.

Truth be told, very few people read this and I really do have a lot of e-mail to catch up on...

In a political kind of mood or looking for someone to argue with? Check out my recent post at: Think About It Now which can be found at: www.thinkait@blogspot.com This reminder will be on the next few posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home