Thursday, July 06, 2006

Traveling

This blog will continue on as a kind of public diary (of sorts). The rest (politics, news, and most "soapbox" stuff) will from here out be at Think About It Now which can be found at: www.thinkait@blogspot.com This reminder will be on the next few posts.

Hard to believe that I'll be leaving here the day after tomorrow! As you all can guess, I haven't even really started packing yet. I have a list of things to take (which is likely missing more than it includes), but have barely started assembling things. The best I can say for myself, is that I dug way to back and bottom of the closet, got my suitcase out and threw a few things I might take in and on it. Funny how only my things end up in the very back and very bottom of closets (under piles of Taka's things that need to be very neatly replaced after I finally manage to get to what I was searching for)...hmmmm.

As much as I'm looking forward to seeing my family, I'm really not looking forward to the actual traveling itself. I worked it out, and door-to-door will be 22 hours of travel...all but the last hour or so, all by my lonesome. Blah!!! I am anything but a fan of airports and airlines.

This is my image of airports.




I'll be thirteen hours on the first plane. With that kind of time, food is an issue (when isn't it with me! lol). Airline food is crap at the best of times, but try the strict vegetarian "meals" sometime. One of the things on the aforementioned list is food to survive on during the flight. Did I mention that I don't sleep on planes?

I'll be bringing my: iPod, iPod charger, Palm Pilot and charger, cell phone and charger, step-down transformer and memory card reader/writer. I wonder what airport security will make of all the electronics and cords? lol

Well, time to stop playing around taking pictures of me not packed...and at least get a start on dinner, if not actually doing a little packing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home