Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Resolutions

I am now working my way through the first five chapters of Japanese for Busy People. I'm pretty sure this is the fifth or sixth time I've been through these same five chapters (the book has 30 and I've never seen past six). Fourteen years in this country and my language skills are just embarrassing!

I haven't really started working out yet (unless stumbling through Tokyo half the night counts...and it should because it hurts the next day). Push-ups, sit-ups and some semblance of my Shorinji Kempo training are to follow in short order...he says yet again.

I am actually working on the work situation. I guess one out of three puts me in the 33 percentile, resolution-wise...lame, I know.

If I were to actually follow and meet all my New Year's resolutions, the world as we know it would probably cease to exist anyway.

In a re-play of the last six weeks of last year, they are now working on the building again. They painted the edges of the hall floor today. There was actually a notice in the door a week ago saying I'm not allowed to leave (or enter) the building from 1-3 p.m. tomorrow. The blinding headache and burning eyes I've enjoyed today brings to mind old shoes and someone else's blood on wet paint. Who said vegetarians are pacifists?!

No updates to this site for longer than a week may indicate jail time.

Quote by popular request:

..."Bush is (sic) ...the greatest terrorist in the world"
-Harry Belafonte

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Fox News...to think of such an insult to such a cool animal by stealing its name...

Meeting with a foreign head of state to condemn the U.S. president. . I only hope I could be so washed up in 50 years...(with the strong wish that only this president is the worth condemnation by that time, of course!) ;-)

I make myself laugh...I never thought I'd live to 40!

At least it wasn't poo poo. That'd just be too weird on what has been an already pretty weird couple of days!

12:59 AM, January 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home