Thursday, November 24, 2005

Today

I remember the end of a show that started around 2 a.m....even if I don't remember most of the show itself. I got off the sofa around 6 and sent rather harsh e-mails to several (you know who you are). I have plans to sleep more...though sounds from the windows suggest that won't really happen.



This is me as I write this.





Taka and I got a postcard invitation to a live performance of a friend happening last Sunday afternoon. We went and had a great time. As he plays with a lot of groups, we didn't even know what kind of music to expect. We were treated to an excellent set of rock/blues. It was a very good afternoon. Another friend was there as well, and we joined him, his wife, and incredibly beautiful daughter for some coffee and a little walk around afterwards. All-in-all, a great day!

I'm sorry to say that beautiful days are far few between these days. Living in what amounts to a dark cave surrounded by a construction site continues.

One of my few regular viewers (not a family member, as they rarely check this at all) reminded me that I hadn't posted in a while. I agreed and figured a little fluff was more appropriate than the nasty stuff I've been writing, re-writing, self-editing, and re-writing yet again.

Sleep.

...Where the unconsciousness rules
George Harrison

They are starting outside, so the sofa calls louder than the bed...

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Glad you had a good trip.

As far as work...if it wasn't at least a little unpleasant (or at least inconvenient), work wouldn't be work, it'd be a hobby.

Taka and I have some free plane tickets we need to use by March. We are thinking to head to Thailand.

It's not that I don't want time in beautiful, exotic places, but I love my work (and could definitely use the money). I could actually use more work rather than less. Strange that I can get surges of jealousy in other people's complaints...

4:38 AM, November 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home