Friday, October 28, 2005

Earth Day (?)

Last weekend Taka and I went to an event in Yoyogikoen (Yoyogi Park) that was called Earth Day by most (it wasn't really Earth Day...I think that's in April), but actually called Earth Garden. We had a really good time. These things are some of the few events that Taka and I can go to and actually find things to eat.
This is Taka waiting for some food. One of the drinks in her hand is my Heartland beer (organic) the other is ginger ale (homade organic syrup with with grated ginger and spices poured over ice with Evian).


This is me eating my all-grain macrobiotic veggie burger.

All food and drinks require a refundable deposit on cups, plates, etc. All of them must be pretty much cleaned up (at an ecologically sound cleaning area) before returning them for the deposit. Weird, but pretty cool too.

This event is kind of a cross between retro-hippie and new-age stuff with a wide variety of...well, everything. Lots of stalls selling everything from hemp cloth and tie-dye t-shirts to organic animal-free cosmetics to produce to incense and candles.

There are several stages and there is live music throughout the day. Some of it was very good. Organic beer and wine is sold along side the usual stuff.

This was an especially good Japanese Reggae band.

In all, we had a great time!

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

It was fun. For one reason or another, I was under the weather at the last couple of these things. I was just loving life at this one. It made my whole weekend.

Take care of yourself.

12:38 AM, October 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home