Saturday, August 20, 2005

Lazy Saturday (redux)

I lost everything I just wrote while attempting to upload a photo (of course at the very end of everything I had written). I've gotta remember how much my computer hates to upload images at the same time it's downloading a music stream. Oh well! It's still pretty fresh in mind.

Today's just a lazy Saturday. Taka went out with coworkers last night so we slept in a little. Okay, she slept in...it was pretty much usual time for me.

Our weekends usually have one "relax" day and one day where we get out and do something. Tomorrow we're either going to go to Odaiba, do some shopping and catch a movie, or we'll head to Shibuya and try out a Nepalese restaurant we heard about. The restaurant ads say it's vegetarian friendly, uses no artificial chemicals (although it falls short of claiming organic ingredients) and says that their curries have no dairy products. Sounds right up our alley. I've never had Nepalese curry before.

Last night I soaked some chickpeas and kidney beans for a salad I'm planning to make as soon as I can motivate my butt out of this chair for more than another drink.

After pressure cooking the beans I plan to add some chopped basil and sage (from the garden), diced red onion, chopped tomatoes, a hint of garlic (the last of what Taka's grandmother grew organically for us), S&P, a healthy squeeze of fresh lime, olive oil and some organic balsamic vinegar. A few hours in the fridge and we'll have a healthy, summery salad!

We just got our tickets for the Guam trip. It'll be in Oct., but I'm going to refrain from actual dates as this is a public blog and I'd rather not just let the world know when we won't be home. :-) It's just four days and is really even shorter than it sounds. We arrive late the first day and leave early afternoon the last day. Still, the whole trip (including airfare and hotel) is cheaper than a visit to Taka's family. I don't know about Guam's traffic laws, but if they're the same as Saipan, this'll be me in October:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home