Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Earthquake(s)

We just had another earthquake. It was a long one. On the Japanese scale it was a 4 in Tokyo. On the Steve scale (1-10, with 1 being barely noticed and 10 involving a new pair of pants), it was a high 7 or low 8.

I was iChatting with a friend when it hit. He later commented on how each earthquake feels different. It's true. Some are quick, some tend to just roll along. Some are mostly vertical, others are horizontal.

This one started slow, and went on a pretty long time. While I was standing in the doorway wondering if this was going to be the one to bring the building down around me, Taka casually got up, went to the kitchen and took down the good wine glasses while laughing at me.

Ever the optimist, I'll likely spend the rest of the day (and definitely through any aftershocks that may or may not follow) wondering if today was just a fore shock of the one that'll reduce Tokyo to rubble.


SIDE NOTE:

Taka was home to laugh at me because she's sick. Her temperature before I went to bed last night was 39.5C (103.1F).

She's pretty much been in bed for the last 20 hrs. and is a lot better now. Her temperature is back to close to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home